For people who don’t like the idea of signing a long term contract then choosing the best prepaid cell phone plans might fit your needs. A prepaid phone plan is the only way to control your monthly cell phone bill. You recharge your phone account with the amount you want to spend each month, and your plan is limited by this recharge amount. There is no excess usage charges. If you have ever been caught out by a huge monthly cell phone bill and you want to make sure it will never happens again, then prepaid cell phone plan is the perfect solution for you.
You will find that using prepaid cell phone plans is a great idea if you are living on a strict budget which does not allow for the use of unlimited phone usage. With these prepaid cell phone plans you can look at the different plans to find one that is perfect for you.
As a result of this prepaid plans is a prefect good way to save you money. The various prepaid cell phone plans that you will find are the perfect answer to your phone bills.
I’ve examined the best prepaid phone plans in the USA to make your search a bit easier. Here is a list of the best prepaid cell phone plans available in 2017:
Boost Mobile Prepaid Plans
Boost Mobile offers two prepaid phone plans. All of the plan comes with unlimited talk and text, mobile hotspot, and unlimited music streaming if you use one of their music partners, in addition to optional add-ons like boostTV and International Calling with $5 auto-pay reductions. The only difference is the data plans that come with the options.
Along with the monthly service you get call waiting, free caller ID, and 411 assistance. Once reaching the maximum 4G data, the speeds are reduced to 2G. But finding truly unlimited data plan makes boost mobile one of the top prepaid cell phone plans in my list.
- $30/mo plan includes unlimited talk, text and 2GB of data with Auto-Pay
- $35/mo plan includes unlimited talk, text and 3GB of data with Auto-Pay
- $40/mo plan includes unlimited talk, text and 4GB of data with Auto-Pay
- $50/mo plan includes unlimited talk, text and data with Auto-Pay
Republic Wireless Prepaid Plans
Republic Wireless offers affordable prepaid cell phone plans with no hidden fees starting at $15 a month, all of their plans includes unlimited talk, text and wifi data with defirent amount of cell phone data. Republic Wireless has a very interesting model, Adaptive Coverage represents a cell phone’s ability to switch seamlessly between Wi-Fi and a wireless network.
- $15/mo plan includes unlimited talk, text and wifi data
- $20/mo plan includes unlimited talk, text and 1GB of data plus wifi data
- $30/mo plan includes unlimited talk, text and 2GB of data plus wifi data
- $45/mo plan includes unlimited talk, text and 4GB of data plus wifi data
- $60/mo plan includes unlimited talk, text and 6GB of data plus wifi data
- $90/mo plan includes unlimited talk, text and 10GB of data plus wifi data
Virgin Mobile Prepaid Plans
Virgin Mobile is a prepaid cellular service provider that is powered by the Sprint 4G LTE network. Virgin Mobile has no contracts, activation fees, or overage charges. Each plan includes unlimited talk and text, however, data amounts will vary. Customers can enjoy unlimited music streaming from iHeartRadio, Pandora, Slacker Radio, 8tracks and Samsung Milk Music without sacrificing their monthly data allocation.
- $35/mo plan includes unlimited talk, text and 5GB of 4G LTE data
- $45/mo plan includes unlimited talk, text and 10GB of 4G LTE data
- $60/mo plan includes unlimited talk, text and 4G LTE data
T-Mobile Prepaid Plans
T-Mobile offers two prepaid plans starting at $45 a month which includes unlimited talk, text, and data with up to 4GB of 4G LTE and unlimited music streaming with the freedom to bring your own device or purchase a T‑Mobile device and the ability to keep your number when you switch to T‑Mobile. T-Mobile has not the cheapest cell phone plans out there. If however, speed is a deciding factor for you.
- $45/mo plan includes unlimited talk, text and Up to 4GB of 4G LTE Data
- $55/mo plan includes unlimited talk, text and Up to 6GB of 4G LTE Data
Page Plus Prepaid Plans
Page Plus offers five prepaid plans with deffirent amount of talk, text and data starting at $12 a month. The little prepaid cell phone carrier that no one has ever heard about actually has quite a good reputation thanks to its dirt-cheap prices and reliance on Verizon’s relatively large and reliable CDMA network.
- $12/mo plan comes with 250 talk minutes and national and international texts plus 10MB data.
- $29.95/mo plan comes with 1500 talk minutes, unlimited text (National and International), and 1GB of data at high speed plus $10 international calling credit
- $39.95/mo plan comes with unlimited talk, text (National and International), and 3GB of data at high speed, and unlimited data at 2G thereafter plus $10 international calling credit
- $55/mo plan comes with unlimited talk, text (National and International), and 8GB of data at high speed, and unlimited data at 2G thereafter plus $10 international calling credit
- $69.95/mo plan comes with unlimited talk, text (National and International), and 10GB of data at high speed, and unlimited data at 2G thereafter plus $10 international calling credit
MetroPCS Prepaid Plans
MetroPCS plans don’t stand out from the best prepaid cell phone plans at first glance, but they are the only prepaid carrier to offer a truly unlimited data plan, and at a very reasonable price. The phone selection isn’t great, but you can bring your own device and pop in a SIM card. MetroPCS has four prepaid cell phone plans available starting at $30 a month all plan includes unlimited talk and text with deffirent amount of data.
- $30/mo plan includes unlimited talk, text and 2GB of 4G LTE Data
- $40/mo plan includes unlimited talk, text and 3GB of 4G LTE Data
- $50/mo plan includes unlimited talk, text and 5GB of 4G LTE Data
- $40/mo plan includes unlimited talk, text and 4G LTE Data
Simple Mobile Prepaid Plans
Simple Mobile is a GSM prepaid cell phone service provider with several monthly unlimited plans available. Any T-Mobile branded or unlocked GSM phone which uses a SIM card can be activated with Simple Mobile. all their plans includes unlimited talk, unlimited national and international texts plus unlimited international calling to landlines in 64 countries and unlimited international calling to mobiles in Canada, Mexico, India, China and 16 more countries. The only deffirence is the amount of phone data you select.
- $25 plan comes with 1GB of data (First 1GB data up to 4G LTE then 2G speed)
- $40 plan comes with 4GB of data (First 4GB data up to 4G LTE then 2G speed)
- $50 plan comes with unlimited 4G LTE data and video streaming at DVD quality
- $60 plan comes with unlimited 4G LTE data and video streaming at DVD quality plus 8GB of mobile hotspot
Straight Talk Prepaid Plans
Straight Talk domestic plans aren’t the most you can get for your money, the international plan is quite useful. This is especially the case when it comes to the unlimited voice to other Straight Talk customers in China, India, Mexico and Canada, as international calls can add up quickly.
- Basic ($30/mo): This plan includes 1500 minutes talk and unlimited texts plus 100MB of data
- Unlimited Nationwide ($45/mo): This plan gives you unlimited calls and texts, 5GB of data at high speed, and unlimited data at 2G thereafter.
- Unlimited Nationwide ($55/mo): This plan get you unlimited voice and text, and 10GB of high-speed data.
- Unlimited International ($60/mo): This plan offers you unlimited calls and texts within the U.S., plus unlimited talk time and text messages to selected international destinations. You get 5GB of data at high speed and unlimited data at 2G. You also get unlimited calls (mobile-to-mobile) to numbers in China, India, Mexico and Canada.
Other Prepaid Cell Phone Plans
AT&T best prepaid plan for $45 Monthly, $40 with AutoPay Includes unlimited calling in and between the U.S., Mexico, and Canada + unlimited text, picture, and video messaging within the U.S., Mexico, and Canada and from the U.S., Mexico, and Canada to over 100 countries. + 6GB of high speed data (then data speeds slowed to max 128Kbps) + Rollover Data + Video Streaming
Sprint best plan include unlimited domestic talk, text, and 3GB of high speed data (Once high-speed data allotment reached, speeds reduced to 2G speeds until monthly plan cycle ends) for $40/mo
Tello operate on Sprint network and allows you to build your own plan. the best tello prepaid plan in my opinion includes unlimited talk for $15/mo + unlimited text for $3/mo + 1GB of data for $11/mo
Net10 have 4G plans that run on the AT&T, T-Mobile, or Verizon networks. Net10 best plan comes with
US Cellular best prepaid plan at $45/mo which includes unlimited talk, text, and 5GB High-Speed data. No overage charges
Verizon does not offer cheapest cell phone plans, However if speed is an important factor for you then consider verizon wireless one your first choises. their best prepaid plan includes 5GB of high speed data (carryover data) and Unlimited national talk plus unlimited national and international texts (over 200 countries) for $50/mo.
Cricket Wireless operate on AT&T’s 4G LTE network, which has much better coverage than Sprint or T-Mobile in most areas. their best prepaid plan for $40/mo which includes unlimited talk, text and 4GB of high speed data ( data speeds will be reduced to 128Kbps max when data allotment reached)
Solavie plans run on T-Mobile’s network and for $50 you get 4GB of high-speed data and unlimited calling/texting.
A prepaid cell phone plan is an axcelent choise for kids, teaching them how to control the amount of cell phone plan they use without being scared if they pass the limite of cell phone plan because they get limited number of calls, texts and data
Many people also find prepaid cell phone plans are great choise for seniors who may not use a cell phone often. there is a pay as you go plan which includes a long expiry period, just pop a sim card into a phone and it is available when you need it, but you won’t need to recharge it every month.
How To Find The Best Prepaid Cell Phone Plan
Budget: If you choose a prepaid cell phone It is more likely because you want to skip the monthly bill surplus. you are not alone. nearly one in five Americans see the smartphone as a financial burden, even before browsing the available plans. Select how much you can spend based on your total budget.
Plans: You spend most of your time texting your family and friends? Or do you use your cell phone mostly to surf the Internet and check emails? Do you need a prepaid plan or family plan? And how much data do you use on average? Answer all those question before selecting any plan. If you find that you are leaning heavily in one area over the other, a prepaid cell phone plan may be your best bet.
Coverage: Before browsing the plans and phones available, be sure the carrier services your region by conducting a coverage search.
Prepaid cell phones are an attractive option because they can help you control costs while providing all the choices you get with postpaid service, including unlimited plans. If budgeting is a constant challenge, a prepaid cell phone may be just the solution. They all have their pros and cons but it’s ultimately up to you to decide which one suits your monthly budget.